It was on 17.12.1982 that Shri.D.S.Nakara registered a great victory for the cause of Pensioners at the Apex Court. Justice Chandrachud delivered the milestone judgment that pensioners as a class shall not be discriminated and that pension is not a bounty or dole given out by employer at his mercy!
NCCPA has given a call to celebrate 17th December 2017 as Pensioners Day and to project the following as desired goals and future roadmap:
1) To win Option No.1 of 7th CPC recommendation by our continued struggles;
2) To win appropriate modifications in 12.05.2017 option number 3 orders;
3) To win justice for Pre-2006 and Pre-2016 Pensioners;
4) To abolish NPS for Central and State Government employees and PSU employees; and
5) To protect Social Security and Pension.
NCCPA has called upon all Central, State Government and Public Sector Pensioners Organisations all over India to join with NCCPA affiliates and observe the day befittingly in all Districts / Divisions.