Aadhaar Payment Bridge System - APBS
APBS’s Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) System, developed by NPCI has been helping the Government and Government Agencies in making the Direct Benefit Transfer scheme a success. APB System has been successfully channelizing the Government subsidies and benefits to the intended beneficiaries using the Aadhaar numbers. APBS System can be used for making bulk transactions towards distribution of subsidies, dividends, interest, salary, pension etc. The APB System links the Government Departments and their sponsor banks on one side and beneficiary banks (India Post) and beneficiary on the other hand. Chennai GPO is nodal office for DBT Payments.
1. Implementing Department/Ministries (State/Central) will share the files for credit to Public Financial Management System(PFMS)/Sponsor Bank
2. If the files are routed through PFMS, it will push the data to Sponsor Bank (Nodal Bank)
3. Sponsor Bank/Nodal Bank will process the files and send these files to National Payment Corporation of India(NPCI), within the clearing window of NPCI.
4. Chennai GPO is the Nodal office for processing the DBT/Electronic credits. NPCI will push the files to Destination Bank (Based on IIN code allotted to DOP for Account Based and AADHAR based credits). NPCI will debit the amount pertaining to files from Sponsor Bank account and will credit the destination Bank account (Chennai GPO account).
5. Credit files will be available in NPCI’s destined folder for CHENNAI GPO (being nodal office). Files to Chennai GPO will be pushed according to slots. Scripts which are getting executed in regular intervals will pick files pertaining to CHENNAI GPO and will be made ready for processing in FINACLE
6. Chennai GPO will check the availability of files in Finacle for processing.
7. If files are available, Chennai GPO will invoke a menu in Finacle for crediting funds to beneficiaries account available across circles.
A detailed procedure is reproduced below for kind information.