GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
RAJYA SABHAUNSTARRED QUESTION NO-1942
Fulfilment of demands of staff of JNVs
1942 . SHRI MOTILAL VORA
(a) whether 15 out of 23 demands of teaching and non-teaching staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) which have been accepted by the Government;
(b) if so, by when the accepted demands would be implemented;
(c) whether it is a fact that the employees suspended during the strike have not been paid so far their wages for the period under strike;
(d) if so, by when they would be paid their wages for the period under strike; and
(e) Government''s view with regard to extending the benefit of pension-cum-GPF scheme to JNV employees?
ANSWERMINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (DR.SHASHI THAROOR)
(a&b) The following demands of teaching and non-teaching staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas have since been accepted and implemented:
- Conducting the departmental promotion test yearly
- Timely promotion to all staff
- To settle the demand for stepping up the pay of senior with that of junior, a committee was constituted by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) to examine such cases of anomalies. The NVS had informed that no cases of anomalies were pending. However, the Association of Employees has also been asked to furnish the list of any unresolved cases to the Commissioner, NVS so that these are settled.
- Providing free education to the children of expired staff
- Timely compensation and entitlement to dependents on accidental expiry of any staff
- Timely grant of benefits for retiring staff
- Creation of PGT posts in Modern Indian Languages
(c&d) The employees are not eligible for wages for the period they went on strike.
(e) So far, it has not been found possible for the Government of India to accede to the demand for the Pension-cum-GPF scheme for the employees recruited before 01.01.2004